Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What I expect from clients

  • Price the property appropriately for the market conditions. I know the market conditions, listen to me, I'm an honest person trying to help clients get the most for their Nashville real estate. If you price it too high, you will just sell your neighbors property.
  • Keep the home clean and presentable. You never know when a potential buyer of your home will drive by with a real estate agent, see the sign, and ask to come it. It happens a lot, so be prepared for it.
  • Keep the home in good repair. If the home is 5 years old or older, have an inspection done by a reputable home inspector who know Nashville real estate codes. If you don't know what a home inspector does, read Michael THorntons Blog. When you get the report, make the recommended repairs. Show the report to prospective buyers and buyers agents when the property is shown. It will eliminate any worry that a buyer may have about older properties.
  • Be prepared to move. A lot of people have 30 days or less to move. If you are planning to buy, have a list of Nashville real estate homes that meet you criteria so that you can start the negotiation as soon as your home is under contract.
  • Be a reasonable negotiator. That doesn't mean give everything away, it just means to look at the big picture. What does it cost to keep the home for another month? Are you living in the home, or is it vacant? Are you paying two mortgages? Those things factor into the big picture cost of owning the home.  Buyers are unpredictable, and sometimes that make some strange offers, or strange demands. Let me help you make sense out of what they really want, and then you can negotiate on reasonable terms.
  • Be honest with me. I have a code of ethics that I must follow, so tell me the whole story, not just what you want me to hear. I cannot help unless I have information.

My job Is to get the best deal possible for my clients. I can only do that if my clients cooperate, and trust me to make good decisions.

 

Technorati Tags:

No comments: